NBA 2K18 Gameplay: NBA 2K18 is a basketball simulation video game to be developed by Visual Concepts and published by 2K Sports. When released, this game will be the 19th instalment in the NBA 2K franchise and the successor to NBA 2K17 and the NBA 2KVR Experience. The latter game is not a successor to the actual game and is not counted as a proper NBA game. The new game is said to come with a bounty of new features and bonuses. Some of the features we expect to see on the new NBA 2K18 are the inclusion of a number of player modes. It seems like NBA 2K18 Gameplay will surprise all the gamers in 2017 for sure.
We are expecting two very important modes to make a comeback: the MyCareer mode which allows players to personalise a player according to their liking and hence play out his entire career and the MyTeam mode, which requires players to carefully and strategically form a team from the ground up and get them ready to compete and thereafter, win. Also said to be making comebacks are the MyGM mode and the MyLeague mode, both of which features will enable the player to be at the very helm of the entire proceedings of the NBA.
NBA 2K18 Gameplay Features (Something Awesome is Coming)
- The gameplay of NBA 2K18 is expected to beat even the much-vaunted 2K17, which was exceedingly good at what it did. In very broad terms, the new game is a singleplayer or multiplayer basketball simulation game. The new game will strive to realistically depict the experience of the actual or physical National Basketball Association (NBA), as well as present improvements over the previous installments.
- The NBA 2k18 gameplay will feature NBA basketball games with real-life or customized players and teams. The NBA 2K18 will also follow the rules and objectives of NBA basketball games. Expect several gaming modes for the player and many customizable settings.
- Several real-life features as seen in original NBA games like crowds, pre and post game features and celebrations, game commentary, halftime shows and even various visual features and spectacles like lighting, player animations and camera angles will be improved upon.
- The preceding 2K17 has megastars like Kevin Harlan, Chris Webber, Shaquille O'Neal, David Aldridge, Brent Barry, and Doris Burke as announcers and commentators. Expect more such celebrities to lend their likeness to the new game.
- More teams will be added. While the previous game, NBA 2K17, features the 2016 United States Men's Olympic basketball team and the 2016 Australia men's Olympic basketball team, various new teams and combinations of teams and players will ramp up the new game to new and exciting domains.
- We expect that new and different arenas, on which the games are played, will be added and also to be redesigned with better, sharper and more fluid animation.
- The players will also witness newer and better features. Different arenas will also have different commentary teams. Such modifications will have a more positive effect on gameplay and will better gamer experience. The return of the 'draft' or the virtual version of the NBA Draft will spice things up.
- For the uninitiated, NBA Draft is the inclusion of new players: in real life, college players who have finished their four-year college eligibility are automatically eligible for selection, while underclassmen have to declare their eligibility and give up their remaining college eligibility. International players who are at least 23 years old are automatically eligible for selection, while the players younger than 22 have to declare their eligibility. This draft mode will aid in team expansion for the players.
- Any player can start either the MyGM or the MyLeague modes to own up to 36 teams and the ability to modify many aspects of every team. This expansion mode is very similar to the real-life NBA games.
- Users will be able to create better logos and jerseys for the games. The current mode of the expansion draft will continue and other teams must protect a select amount of players according to their player rosters.
- The league will then automatically adjust the match schedule, draft, draft lottery and other features if expansion teams are created and when the game is being played in multi-player mode.
- The player can also download other players' creations if they like, thus creating a virtual universe for such amenities and accessories.
- The NBA 2K18 game will also migrate to the VR gaming platform. This is sure to happen given that the NBA 2KVR Experience was available for PlayStation VR, HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, and Samsung Gear VR.
- A VR 2K18 will enthuse current gamers and potential customers to a more realistic gaming experience. More emphasis will be laid on presentation, fluid graphics, ease of use, console interoperability, multiplayer options and the introduction of more big names.
We believe that a better soundtrack will also accompany the new game. One big element to ensure a more enjoyable game is the presence of Virtual Currency or VC. Players can build their own custom teams, select players, jerseys, logos and even their coaches, courts and then compete against other players. Lastly, in the NBA 2K18 Gameplay, the player will have better options to customise their player's appearance and upgrades their attributes as they play through their college career and then graduate to the NBA. An off-court storyline will provide more variety to the game as well.